Naiyar Zamani Trust is professionally managed non-profit organization registered in June, 2015.
In a short span of just 4 years, the NZT has sponsored and provided assistance to over 1130 females in acquiring school education including special education and vocational skills, and has helped over 260 indigent patients by providing in-house treatment and surgery in 6 leading hospitals of the country. The Trust has lived up to its slogan of “The Art of Giving” by helping women without discriminating on the basis of their religion, sect, creed, cast or race with dignity and equality for all.
Keeping in view our mission to aid the marginalised women of the country, the Trust has sponsored a number of girls from various different backgrounds in the field of education and healthcare who have gone on to achieve success in their lives. One of our NZT sponsored Christian girls represented the country at an international event in Malaysia and won a silver medal.
Asif Ali Gohar is the Founder and the first Chairman of the Trust. He was a businessman and in 1989 established AGP (Pvt) Limited, a pharmaceutical manufacturing company specializing in licensing products from European and American multinational companies. Within a short span of a few years AGP rose to be amongst the top 10 Pharmaceutical companies out of over 600, including 30 multinational organizations, operating in the country. Though a businessman, he is a philanthropist at heart. In 2014 he disposed off his interest in the pharmaceutical business and in order to pursue his passion of helping the disenfranchised segment of society he established a charitable trust based on the same values of kindness and compassion which he had instilled in his Company. The trust is named after his mother.
Priority Areas for Charity
– Our Focus
- Women’s education
- Women’s health
- Technical Education for women
- Financial Assistance to poor and needy to overcome poor health and nutrition and provide relief from financial hardship.
- Helping acquisition of basic education to poor segments of society, especially women to enable them to earn an honorable living. Provision of books, uniforms, fee etc. to students.
- Sponsoring deserving students in different institutions.
- Sponsoring deserving students in professional institutions.
- Sponsoring special children’s education.
- Sponsoring a school/entire class of students.
Sponsoring technical education for the poor segments, especially for girls/ladies to enable them to acquire a skill and thus lead a life with honor and dignity without dependence on others. Some of the technical training skills being sponsored are given below:
- Dress making/designing
- Hair cutting
- Hair coloring
- Interior designing
- Zari work
- Doll making
- Candle making
- Technical courses
- Any other vocational skill
Helping the underprivileged and downtrodden segment of society especially women/girls by:
- Sponsoring the treatment of diseases like cancer, TB, hepatitis C / B, renal dialysis etc. and or other ailments in various hospitals.
- Sponsoring the indigent patients in various leading hospitals who are unable to meet their treatment expenses.
Summary of Charity Works
NZT has sponsored a total of 570 girls / women students / indigent patients through various Schools / Hospitals mentioned below :
- Sponsored over 317 girls students by providing scholarship through the following schools located in under privileged areas:
- White Rose Grammar School, Baldia Town
- Kingston Grammar School, Korangi
- Galleon Public School, Safoora Goth
- Children Cosy Home, Gari Khata
- King Edward Grammar School, Malir
- 21st Century School, Malir
- The Innocent Public School, Malir
- Al-Kosar Elementary House of Learning School
- Liaquat College of Management & Sciences, Gulshan-e-Iqbal
- Preston University, Gulshan-e-Iqbal
- The Islamic Public School, P.E.C.H.S.
- Dow University of Health Sciences
- St. Patricks School, Saddar
- Jesus & Mary Convent School, Clifton
- The Garage School, Clifton
- Sponsored a total 36 special children with their teachers through The Compass School.
- Sponsored 2 girls/women – Vocational / Technical Training
- Sponsored over 215 indigent women/girls patients through the following hospitals:
- The Aga Khan University Hospital
- Patel Hospital
- Memon Medical Institute & Hospital
- Burhani Hospital
- National Institute of Blood Disease & Bone Marrow Transplant